If you use Google+ you are probably already aware of the new Communities function.
Many librarians were quick to utilize this new functionality to create social and professional groups. Already these Communities have formed and some are quickly growing quite large and active:
- Code4Lib (132 members)
- Information Discovery and Access – Libraries (16 members)
- Law Librarians (4 members)
- Libraries and Librarians (453 members)
- Library Technology (5 members)
- LSW (Library Society of the World) (101 members)
- Public Libraries (3 members)
- RDA Cataloging (28 members) [New]
- School libraries (4 members)
- School Library Media Specialists (3 members)
So if you haven’t tried Google+, Google+ Communities might be the best reason yet to give it a try.
You must be logged in to post a comment.